The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
1964 Carrera Re-edition

Hello,

I am new to the forum -- and new to Heuer watches. I am interested in a 1964 Carrera Re-edition watch. I have looked at a few examples and have noticed that the markings on the back have varied. I have seen one example with "1964 Carrera Re-edition", in addition to the Heuer marking and serial #. I have seen others without the 1964 Carrera... statement -- finally, I have also seen differences in the formatting of the serial number (some start with No 12XXX, others were an alpha numeric combo without No). Were there variations throughout the production of this watch, or are one of these counterfeit?

Regards,
Bill

Messages In This Thread

1964 Carrera Re-edition
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE