The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: What Was the SNAFU?
In Response To: What Was the SNAFU? ()

: I saw that TAG Heuer was offering a limited number of the
: autographed books for sale, but what was the SNAFU?

: In any event, good that you were able to get one of the books.

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe partially user error but I was on the main tagheuer.com web site and watching the countdown timer and getting ready to order as soon as it expired. I expected an order link of some kind to appear when the timer expired but it never did. Fortunately I went over to Tag Heuer's Facebook page and followed a link that had been posted there which allowed me to order the book. I've also seen postings online from some others who had added the book to their shopping cart and were entering their shipping/payment information when the system kicked them out and told them the book had sold out - despite the fact that the book was already in their cart.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE