|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
Looking to learn more about the 2447D.
I am familiar with 2 types of 2447D (that are not gold plated), shown at OTD:
A few questions
1. Were blue decimal tracks always 1st execution only?
2. I've seen a 3rd type of 2447D, with a "plain" decimal track" 2447D (http://www.imgrum.online/i/BQDSSePgfsI). How does it relate to the other 2447Ds shown (I'm assuming these are original dials)? Are they after the initial blue dials but before the 2nd execution black dials? And if so, why wasn't a silver track used for these?
3. Were there any black decimal tracks that were 1st execution, with silver under the track
4. Where there any FISHER dials without the silver track
5. In terms of relative production of the 3: blue dials, black 1st execution with no silver track, black 2nd execution...does anyone have a guess at the mix? I feel like I see more of the early blues, but don't have any data.