The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Abel -- Why are We Seeing These Carrera Tension Rings?

Abel:

I have not yet checked my files, but it seems that within the past six months, we have seen three or four Autavias with the white Carrera-style inner bezel / tension ring. And over the previous 10 years, I cannot recall seeing any of them!!

So what's happening, all of a sudden? Is someone (or multiple watchmakers) using the relatively new TAG Heuer crystal / tension ring, from the re-issue of the Carrera, as a crystal for the vintage Autavia? It would seem strange to be using the vintage Carrera tension ring and crystal?

Any explanations would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Dear Christian,

: That white inner bezel with minute track is from a Heuer Carrera, I
: would not bother too much about that (as it actually adds value
: as a part you can sell afterwards when you have correct plexi
: installed).

: Minute and hour hands are Heuer but I did not see these yet on the
: Rindt, only on Compressor cased Autavia's untill now. Crown is
: also from compressor case Autavia.

: Pushers are wrong too as far as I can see from here.

: Best,
: abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE