The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Mike, you make a very good response...
In Response To: Re: What Jeff Said! ()

.....and have also made it very eloquently. Your openness on honesty about it is, well, highly admirable and very refreshing in my opinion. We see so much of the opposite on the likes of Ebay these days, although I know there is a polar opposite to this with the vast majority of OTD/CT friends still. Interesting that you even went that mile with a bezel but decided it wasn't quite right.

Worth little, but personally I probably would have changed the bezel myself and included the original too. To me it then retains the history but also enhances (for want of a better word) the aesthetic value...although I take Jeff's point on it getting messy. Either way Mike-very best of luck with the sale.

Bernard-WHAT IS AN OB!?!?! I give up!

Best,
Steve

: I am not convinced guys.
: But I guess the result of the auction will tell us.
: I agree that originality is everything on a vintage watch,
: especially this one.
: It goes for the case, the dial, the hands etc..
: But the bezel? These bezels can be changed in 5 seconds. Ok the
: buyer will be able to do it.
: That means that the seller could have done it. The watch would have
: looked way better and wouldn't have scared some potential
: buyers.
: The history of the watch would be lost?
: Come on guys, and will all respect to our fellow OTD member, when I
: get in a crash with my 71 Vespa P200 and my OB gets a nasty
: scratch in the bezel......
: Not sure about the value of that story. :-)
: I agree I wouldn't change anything to a watch Jo Siffert scratched
: in a bike accident.
: Fact is it is always nice to hear different opinions in important
: matters like these.
: Enjoy the weekend guys.
: B

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE