The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
So, what does the Christies sale tell us Heuer collectors ??

For me, besides the well documented 3647S, the two well known Chronomatics and Indy Autavia... all other's seemed to get passed over or were in line with what we see regularly. Maybe the tropical dial GMT was up there, but the Dark Lord and the 2446SN cannot be considered great prices, can they ?

Disagreement is welcome here.

1. Has the summer doldrums started ?
2. Only rare and exceptional pieces are hitting new highs ?
3. Has the market peaked ?
4. Will Paul and Rich's watches do the same five months from now....or will we have another Arno smash??

I regret I could not have joined the contingent in NYC and hope they all had a great time last night. I am sure the Wind's were gracious hosts.
Let's hear your thoughts on today's results.

Brook

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE