The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Problem with Bonhams Auctions
In Response To: Problem with Bonhams Auctions ()

Brook

I heard the same thing happened today in London...

Re Nov, you'll have to wait and see for the quality and rarity on offer, and the reserves applied. What todays results tell us is the hardest to source watches, most desired in best condition are the ones the top collectors seek, and the market for such "holy grails" seems in good health! This seems to be what motivates all the top collectors I know (Dial condition is really critical for this).

Average condition watches or easily obtained ones seem to be achieving normal prices at auction, especially when the 20%+ fees are factored in. Additionally if the reserve is too high, for the market to bear then watches will get passed, I think mostly, buyers are now well informed and know what is realistic and what is not. Also if watches have wrong parts or poor bezels most seem to know how hard and expensive it may be to source them...

Just my thougts ;)

: Many of us so called "old timers" that were collecting
: Heuer for 10+ years waited with great anticipation when Arno's
: collection went up for auction in 2010. The Bonham online
: auction site was an absolute cluster XXXX. Constantly going
: down, not accepting bids and bids placed, being dropped. Most us
: gave them another chance a year later as they said problems were
: fixed...........NOT !!
: I for one, will not waste my time and effort with
: Bonhams.............the bad taste still lingers.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE