The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Anyone else annoyed about this?

: Nathan
: We're on the same page.
: I understand that business is business, but this isn't about
: business, this is about passion and care.
: It actually cuts deep, and twists a little.

: We've always seen Heuer as a forgotten brand, that many never gave
: a sh*t about. But we cared, and a community was built on it.
: Now $$$$ is involved, seems everyone suddenly cares and wants a
: slice.

: Stewart
: Heuerville

Well it used to be 'our' secret several years ago - and for all those who contributed and enjoyed OTD (plus of course your amazing site Stew) back in the day before we saw Heuers go into 5 figures and beyond...yeah it sucks. But in this age it was only a matter a time before something so real and cool (all of Jack Heuer's creations) were jumped on by corporates. Plus it's a public forum. I guess if we had wanted pre-TAG Heuer to remain 'secret' we could have had furtive meetings in dimly lit backrooms of pubs off the M1. I feel lucky I've managed to hold onto some nice examples!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE