The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Anyone else annoyed about this?

Well, my opinion is a bit different. Yes its a shame they did not involve the Heuer community directly, and no I do not like the big corporates.
But I do think Hodinkee is not to blame. The way I see it is that Heuer sought a way to bring this watch on the market to address the right audience; vintage watch lovers.

So, I think Heuer contacted Hodinkee to do something special and get the notice, of not only Heuer fans, but more vintage watch lovers in general. Because Hodinkee has a large viewer base in this market. It seems they really get the hang of it, it being the market for vintage inspired watches. And they really try to bring something extra to the market, look at the new Monza and Autavia.

I believe this will not be a one time thing and that they will bring this Skipper on the market shortly. May it be in a different setup, but they will take advantage of this situation when money can be made. And looking at the reactions here that will be the case.

Thats what I like about this. Please try to stay positive and recognise the changes Heuer is making to its lineup. The difference with ten years ago really makes me positive and curious what the future may bring!

: Gotta love the old-schoolers.. happy days!!
: Funny thing is... the connections made by us all over the years are
: strong. I've never actually met most of my Heuer 'underground
: friends', but the friendship is still there, and I hope it'll be
: for years to come.

: It's a little bit like Fight (Heuer) Club.. what's the first rule?
: ;0)

: Stewart
: Heuerville

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE