The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer serial numbers
In Response To: Re: Heuer serial numbers ()

Hi Padre, certainly there was a system used, but not all the numbers were used.

For example, the Camaro 7220 uses 131xxx and 132xxx but they skipped 133xxx. The next batch of Camaro (model 7743) uses 134xxx. This is probably because Heuer may have needed more 7220s if the demand was high, so they may have needed the 133xxx numbers.

In answer to your question, 132xxx is quite early in the OVERALL Camaro range (which runs from 97xxx to 232xxx) but is not one of the earliest 7220 models.

That said I don't think the Camaro serials necessarily affect the value so much at this stage, certainly not as much as the early Autavias or Carreras for example. I think I know the watch you are referring too and it is a very nice example.

I would also love to include your full serial too in the register if possible? You are welcome to email me directly at sjp100uk@yahoo.co.uk if you prefer?

Many thanks,

Steve

: Hi Steve!

: I saw on chronotrader Camaro for sell, and owner in post wrote
: "Early serial: 132XXX", and I start to think about
: this... Is it really early? In my I have 117XXX.

: Then I started to think about serial numers in every Heuer watch.
: They must to used some system. System could be changed with
: time, but should to be same for almost every Heuer model. Maybe
: somebody discovered this system, maybe someone ask Jack how it
: was?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE