The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Market Observation

As some of you know I was recently elected to the board of directors of the National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors. I am in Dallas now at a board meeting which precedes our National Convention. The biggest part of the National is a huge watch and clock mart with over 1,000 mart tables full of watches and clocks. Before our show an organization you may know called World Wide Traders (WWT) put on a mart with about 200 tables of mostly watches and mostly wrist watches. I visited this mart yesterday.

I can tell you that the population of good Heuer watches at this mart was almost non existent. I have always managed to buy Heuers at this mart in the past. At this mart there were a few beat up 40's and 50's Heuers and a few of the not much desired late '70s and early '80s heuers. There were a few Calculators. There was not much of a trace of Autavias or Carreras. I asked some of knowledgeable dealers I know about this and I got the impression they were afraid to sell right now. They don't want to sell unless they get the ridiculous prices they see at auctions and they think the up-swing is not over. Some of them say they Heuers are on their websites or on eBay at BIN.

I will let you know how it goes at our bigger mart. I am sure some treasure will be found. Some people who don't follow the market will bring a Heuer or two....but the days of easy pickin's seems to be well over.

JohnCote

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Market Observation
Re: Heuer Market Observation
Re: Heuer Market Observation
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE