The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Fully Agree -- Best Guess of Some Hundreds

From the info I had from the "old guys" nothing was produced in "less than 100" because it made no economic sense. Also they needed to keep back further stock of dials for "service" use in the future, some of which will have found their way into watches later. Still if it was 200, that is still a small number for something that was produced 55+ years ago. The only dials that may have been produced in smaller numbers than this are perhaps special orders like Indianapolis Speedway, MG dials or Chronomatics etc etc even then I would say 100 minimum dials. The lowest of any complete watch to date I have seen would be the 2446 screw back Seafarer, which uses up the 1950s dials, so I'm sure a few hundred dials were made only a short serial run of cases seem to have been run to use up leftover dials, pehaps as few as 30.

: Thanks, Rich . . . nothing like having hard data (or at least
: some hard data) to reinforce the gut feeling.

: With 17 in the database, we can imagine a production run of
: hundreds . . . 200 / 300 / who can possibly know . . . but it's
: way more than 20.

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE