The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
good chance of smaller batches.

I agree Mich

I don't see the economy of scale when you assemble watches by hand. Yes: the base dials will have been ordered in rounded quantities.Yes: the modified 7730 will have been ordered in rounded quantities. But cases for the Skippers are shared with their siblings. The Dark Lords may be slightly different. They took numbered cases and coated them in a fairly experimental process. You can expect some rejects.

Once all parts are available, do you set people to work to produce an even 100? Or just enough to fill existing orders or to fill the empty slots in the stock room?

Jack possibly wouldn't know the nitty gritty of the actual production, purchasing and logistics. Small/medium companies can be pretty haphazard, and certainly were back in the day.
Anyone ever talked with the "workers" from back in the day? I think we'd all like to hear.

Jurgen

: with diver 100 it seems to be the same, dark lord, at the end , I
: can hardly see some hundreds?
: cheers mich

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE