The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Photo comparison
In Response To: Autavia vs Carrera Cushions ()

Hi Rob-I'm certainly with you on the 70s Carreras-both manual and auto-I find them the most comfortable to wear personally. (and the Camaros of course!)

I recall a chat I had with my good friend Darwin some time ago- (Hi Darwin! :-) ) he was good enough to do me a side by side comparison of the cases-

Left= 73353
Middle= 73653
Right= 1153/Cal 12

Interestingly, we discovered the 73653 case is slightly deeper than the Cal 12-but it's the combination with the thinner caseback (as you can see) that helps pull it into the wrist and give a lower profile.

I've sought a suitable 73653N for some time now. I'm always happy to 'mix it up' still though..today wearing a Bund on full bund strap on my 6.75 wrist....to say it's imposing is a 42mm understatement!

Enjoy it,
Steve

: Jeff - I certainly understand your point about the larger
: dimensions of the Autavia balancing out the cushion shape more,
: but personally, the cushion Autavias are just too big for my
: "girly man" wrists. I can get over it with the 73653,
: however, as it is noticeably thinner than the Cal 11/12/15
: Carreras and Autavias, and doesn't feel as top heavy as the 1163
: Viceroy that I briefly owned. The GF bracelet being so light
: also helps to cut down on the overall presence while on the
: wrist.

: May be time to try one out again ;)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE