The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Bezel / Pricing

I believe that the bezel is correct.

You ask what I would pay for this one. That's a tough question, and you may not like the answer. If I was certain that I could locate the correct crown and pushers, then I would (a) deduct the price of restoring the Autavia (using those pieces) and any other servicing that it might need, from (b) my estimated market value of around $1000 to $1200 (for the correctly restored and fully serviced piece), and that's what I would pay.

If you think that the estimated value might be on the low side, that's what I see for the two-register Autavias, compared with the three-register guys. If this one was "correct", fully serviced and had that third register, then it might fetch $1400 to $1600.

. . . all these being my own very rough estimates, in a market that has been a bit jumpy (on the upside).

jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Any input on the bezel ? The seller - a nice
: and helpful guy, I don't want to put him
: down here - he is particulary proud of the
: decent shape the bezel is in.
: Is there a chance it actually belongs to that
: model ?

: Also, what would YOU pay for this watch, if you
: were an ignorant newbie with a newly found
: addiction like me ? I hope that's not too
: bold a question... ;)

: Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend
: Thomas

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE