The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Carrera showdown: 3647 & 7753

Andrew,

sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think the subdial and central second hands are original. You might notice that the tail end of the central second hand is a tad too long (it shouldn't reach into the subdial). Possibly this could be hands of the TAG Heuer Re-Edition Carrera, ref. CS3110/CS3111.

But anyway, yours is an absolutely fabulous example of the 2447 S!

: Either some hands' paint was subpar and faded over time...

MaiLollo, I don't believe the black hands were actually painted, but blackened by some treatment (electroplating process? – I am no expert).

Robert

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE