The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Can anyone tell me about my Heuer

Attached is an image of my watch. I want to confirm somehow it's year of manufacture, and maybe even a rough estimate of its worth.

The history of the watch. My best friend in high school (1974-1977) father worked for Jack Heuer. For his 30 year anniversary of working in sales for the company, Jack gave him a gift of the attached watch. Doug's wife died suddenly and Doug became a raging alcoholic, eventually dying. He sold the band but gave me the watch because it was broken. In 1986 I sent it to Heuer in Switzerland to be repaired; and have the jewels replaced. They left the original patina. Since they no longer had 30 year old watch bands, I bought a band for it made from alligator skin. I believe the watch was manufactured in 1955; but if I was smart I should have asked Heuer to confirm that when they repaired it. Of course that would have been the smart thing to do; so therefore I didn't. LOL Thanks again for taking the time to tell me about it. Oh - and his name was Paul Douglas "Doug" Grewer. Thanks!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE