The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Camaro Case Numbers

Hi,
I am relatively new to collecting Heuer watches, although, I have been an admirer for more years than I care to remember.
I must say, the information available via your combined web sites and forums is staggering, well done, but as always there is bound to be something someone needs advice on.

Can anyone help me regarding Camaro identification/authentication. I have been offered what appears to be a nice condition Camaro 9220NT from 1968, the case is stamped with the serial number between the strap lugs as normal but is not stamped with the model number. ls this ok, as all the Camaro's I have seen have both serial and model numbers stamped on the case?

The watch also comes with a 1967 style Warranty/Instruction booklet with one partially completed warranty page, this shows the purchase date and a reference number, which I do not reconise, in the watch model box.
The seller (a well known reputable dealer) feels the number was the original dealer's stock number, is anyone aware of this being a possibility?

Again, regarding identification, do the codes on the back page of later type Instruction/Warranty Booklets refer to the year of printing i.e.:
G/CH 11.78.4000.1 (1978?)
083.200.0004 (1983?)
083.3.0004 (1983?)

Any advice or comments would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ken

Messages In This Thread

Camaro Case Numbers
Re: Camaro Case Numbers
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE