The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Camaro 73343N just in

Hi all
After a brief email exchange with Steve "Mr Camaro" Perry, I thought I'd share this recently acquired Camaro 73343N, I'd guess from 1970/1?. Apparently, there was only one execution of this model - the hands and dial markers look like 2nd execution 7734, but apart from the 73343 NT variant, this was the only specific combo of dial, hands and 7733 movement that was named 73343. This one is serial #198xxx.

It was snatched off an ebay seller who had got it from the original owner, and all it's had replaced are the mainspring and the crystal - otherwise original and clearly unpolished. I love it.

In the sun, the dial is great - I hate to say "chocolate" but I think it's got a lovely hue and the yellowy lume and depth of the dial are very pleasing. At the moment, it's on a padded racing deployant strap borrowed from an 18mm Heuer reissue, so I'm considering what bracelet and/or strap to fit it onto next.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE