The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Great Watch!! Please Check for Overprinting

First, thanks to all for all your warm welcome!

I have checked the dial from different angles and with different light, but I can not see any overprinting.
I think, that should be quite right, because there are different dials out there.
First, there were the overprinted dials with rectangular lume (as other carreras).
But there are other (later??) dials with no overprinted logo and lume points (as mine).
We have had some discussions in german uhrforum: https://uhrforum.de/dugena-poor-mans-carrera-frage-zur-leuchtmasse-t286279
I think, the first dials are overprinted Heuer dials and the later ones were produced only for Dugena (and with lume points).
But I cannot verify it with advertising pictures.

The serial number is in the 156xxx and the ref. number is visible:

Nevertheless, imho it is one of the nicest possibilities to wear a tricompax chronograph from the 70s.

Have a nice day and a good start in the weekend,
Peter

Messages In This Thread

Dugena Heuer in 73653 case
Very nice and fantastic pics!
Great Watch!! Please Check for Overprinting
Re: Great Watch!! Please Check for Overprinting
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE