|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
I am not going to waste too much time writing this, but I am going to post this on leading watch forums to potentially warn another victim that may fall prey again to this audacious crook.
If you have more information about this crook, other than the information below, please write to me at reficul_x AT yahoo.com
I am not going to make his life easy.
This guy, unlike many crooks, has a rather convincing and unique modus operandi:
1) He do have the watches on hand to con his victims, hence he is able to prove the watch ownership with tag photos, etc
2) He has a few successful transactions, hence, he was able to give a good trade reference
3) In some of the successful trade cases, he even provided his passport as a proof of ID, but the stupid thing is, he probably underestimate the power of our watch community
4) He garners enough followers and post "unsuspecting" watches to sell on IG (not those high value watches, but range from Euros 100-5000)
5) I believe he has been using many different accounts and personas, and he has multiple bank accounts worldwide (some even private banks, which is astonishing that for a crook, he probably made enough to make himself a multimillionaire?)
Here is the long & short of my experience, which, may be familiar to some fellow victims, (I am probably the 6th or 7th in his latest crime spree):
1) Saw a SM300 on his IG being advertised. (Euros 3900)
2) Sent him a DM, but was told that it was sold. (very smooth, that was how I was led to believe he has the watch and every intention to sell it)
3) Hours later, he DM me stating watch is available again as the "buyer" gave him a low ball offer. (Euros 3500)
4) Convinced me to buy another Longines solid gold nonius and agree to bundle them at an additional of Euros 1900
5) Gave me 4 trade references and I checked all 4, all 4 were good
6) I deliberately asked for straps if they are included, to which he said the SM300 head only, and he showed me photos of the NOS longines strap on the gold nonius. (this is really smooth as usually for crooks, to expedite everything, they will tell you whatever you want, they will give you, like straps, etc)
7) Wired him the funds on Thursday and he said he will ship the following Monday.
8) On Saturday, I wanted to see the photos of the watch again on IG. Realised that he closed his IG Account
9) Realised something is amissed... later, my good buddy, Kevin posted his experience with this crook (slightly different modus operandi)
10) I obtained his private mobile phone number and I whatsapp'ed him, to which he blocked me. I texted him and he asked me to relax as he was on vacation. He even asked me to send me my bank account number where he can wire me now and when I received the watch, I pay him again
11) I send my bank details, and he replied with a stupid screenshot of his online banking, from Australia (details below) that EUROS 5800 is sent... and immediately I saw that the account balance was only a freaking AUD 56.54.
12) Emailed him and told him that I will be reporting him to the police and take actions if he doesn't come clean... In turn, he say he will "denounce" me and will seek his lawyer to take actions against me.
13) More and more friends started to share information about him with his details, which even includes his passport, his personal ID in Italy, tax ID, residence address, etc. He said he is going to the police to report me as I threatened him (I merely said I will be going to pay 2 Italians some money to hunt for him).
14) Parcel came and as expected, I know its going to be an empty box... the weight is blantantly totally empty. I took it to the police station to report this and opened it in front of a video camera so that he cannot dispute this saying that I pocket the watch. The seals were all intact as shown in the video below:
15) Police report lodged and they will be sending this information to the Interpol.
16) Ferruccio started to ignore my SMS'es and in turn he asked his lawyer, Antonnio (+39 3333816733, email@example.com) to communicate with me
17) In essence, he asked me to send him details when I received the parcel, but after a few rounds of emails, nothing substantial came up. He only asked me not to threaten his client
18) Likely I will be taking next step of actions.... and this will not be the end of this story.
Here is the crook's information:
First Name: Ferruccio
Last Name: Marchetti
DOB: 23 November 1978
Italian ID: AR6055706
Fiscal ID: MRCFRC78S23H501R
Official residence: Via Bertolini 49, Rome
Current residence: Via Dei Pescatori20, Ortello
Phone number: +39 3338246598
Images of his passport and his threatening of police report against me as follows:
And the police report that I have made:
This Ferruccio crook is probably not going to be the last of his kind to pose a danger to our community. Stay safe and, Ferruccio Marchetti, if you are reading this... return my money, and case close for me. IF not... I will be presenting these with the police report to the immigration and customs, starting with Singapore, China, Hong Kong.... and this is going to be just my 1 next step of action.