The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Why are watch forums so civil?

Hello Johnnie,
Good question there....and by coincidence I was asked this very question just recently...people wondering about the 'tone' and attitude among us.
Well, let me put it this way, in my kind of words to answer that....
We ( i.e. at least the large majority among us, on either side of the Atlantic ) wouldn't tell you to fcuk yourself....no no.....we'd ask you kindly to make love..... ;-)
I feel well here, among a few really good guys I know (personally) and got to know here on OTD, to appreciate this community in this way, this behavior and manners....... why we seem to be different....more.... hmmm...... sophisticated and respectful.... ?
I don't really know why - i can just tell you it's the only forum I'm in .... but heard about the 'tone' in others.....non-watch-related.... interesting, no doubt.
Let's just appreciate the charming fact we're in something like a special, cocoon-like part of the (www.) world ... a fine place to be among ladies and gentleman handling each other the (good) ole fashion way......
:-)

Have a good weekend,
Cheers,
Olaf

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE