The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Great Point -- Minute Marks on the Minute Recorder!!

I really like the design of this-but it was always the design-style I campaigned for in the Autavia Cup. I'd heard a rumour the minute markers were to be amended and agree it was the right thing to do.

Personally I would have preferred a 'white' dial to a 'silver' and it is rather significant on the wrist-take that as you will.

I'm also curious to know what will happen to piece 'No. 1' that I tried on recently-presumably now classed as a prototype, unless the dial was merely changed. I wonder what that would be worth in the future if it ever sees daylight again.......!?!?!

Steve

: Yes, . . . somehow I missed that detail, which is probably too
: important to even be labeled as a "detail".

: I have been campaigning against the 2-1/2 minute hash marks ever
: since I first saw them, and it's great that TAG Heuer has
: changed this element of the design. This Jack Heuer Limited
: Edition will win the points for being more useful to anyone
: actually using it to time event.

: Jeff

:
:

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE