The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Geneva Results -- What did you see?

My quick and dirty analysis...take with a grain of salt, and I follow the Carrera market more closely than Autavia

Best Bargain: Lot 11, Carrera Dato 3147N Indy Dial, 32,500 CHF, brought potentially only a 100% premium to a standard 3147N, after we saw the Christies Indy Autavia realize nearly $200,000 USD and the Rarebirds 3147N Indy listed at 98,000 EURO (did this sell?)

2nd Best Bargain: Lot 36, Autavia 2446 2nd exec, 32,500 CHF, for me this is the most beautiful screw back, I can see it selling back of the 1st Exec but why the Rindt? Maybe this watch needs a nickname too.

Lot I would have kept: Lot 16, 2447 Carrera Yachting, 58,750 CHF, there are other Carrera Yachting dials out there, but this one has the LOOK

Watch that would have sold for the same price privately: Lot 35, Carrera 7753SN, 17,500 CHF, I think there would be unlimited demand for this watch, with bracelet, at this price. Clean, simple, legible, best vintage bracelet.

And some thoughts:

Lot 1 the Eggshell Carrera 2447 performed very well, where does the early silver script 2447N hammer in this auction? I thought Lot 8 the tropical 2447SN would have performed a little better, but the market has spoken...collectors are paying more for the cleaner dials of the 1st exec 2447.

Lot 25, Autavia 2446C GMT Full Set, 27,500 CHF, big premium for the full set, something we see so rarely.

Most of the automatic Autavia cushion cases performed close to estimate. Feels like the market has been soft on them in the past year, especially here in the US. Manual wind Autavia cushion cases continue to perform well at auction and privately. Thinner case, theoretically more robust movements...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE