The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia 1163 MH question

Hey guys,

I must visit onthedash.com about 5 times a day. Thanks for being such a great community. I've had so much fun reading up on vintage Heuers these past couple years.

Just came across a Autavia 1163 in my local watch shop (just 1163, no V after the model no.) with a serial of 279xxx (if memory serves me correctly, I was flustered to see an Autavia in person for the first time!).

The Autavia's edges are sharp and looks like it's been in a drawer for 4 decades. Store has box, papers, and the even the Heuer sticker is still on the back of the case. Apparently it came in a couple days ago from someone looking to move on to a larger purchase. (who knows, maybe they're an onthedash regular?)

If it's kosher, looking to see what you guys things is a fair $$$ range for a 1163 mh Autavia in such great shape + sticker, box, papers. Store is asking $5400.

Thanks in advance. I've had a 1983 Heuer diver restored by JH over in the UK, and picked up a 2008-ish Carrera re-edition last year...but looking for something substantial to add to my collection.

Ara

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE