The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Honor among thieves or a Fool and his money?

While GMT's approach may be best for his personal wellbeing I don't see anyone calling the seller out for what appears to be blatant fraud amounting to theft. The seller is well known here and it didn't take me more than a quick search to pull up the original post. I don't post on this forum much but I have purchased a few times from known members to the tune of several thousand USD, using only the seller's reputation on the forum as a reference guide. If GMT's claims are true, and he sounds sincere, the seller has taken advantage of his reputation on the forum and he should be responding to these allegations and attempting to right this situation. Anything less than that is an admission of guilt in my opinion.

: That is really an absolute shame and a pain in the neck. I like
: your approach of taking it as a valuable lesson and not pity
: yourself and your faith. I hope you eventually find the correct
: parts at a reasonable price to make your Rindt perfect for you.

: Happy Christmas for you!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE