The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Hamilton, Buren & Heuer, calibre 11: Hand size

Hey Gang,

I'm trying to locate replacement hands for my Hamilton Chronomatic, calibre 11, ref no. 11002-3. AS I understand it, Hamilton, Buren & Heuer share some of the same parts because they share the same movement. Does this mean the hand sizes should be the same?

I found this spec sheet for Heuer Calibre 11 online: https://www.boley.de/en/caliber/watch-movements/heuer/7907?q=heuer%2011

There is a PDF with much more detailed information located on the top right-hand side of the webpage. However, I assume it is written in German. Unfortunately, I do not speak German and I've been informed that hand sizes are rarely provided on a spec sheet (that'd be too simple, right?)

Lastly, I'm on the hunt for a large sweeping second hand (color black) and a small minute recorder/hand for the 3 o'clock sub dial (color white). If anyone has a way to determine the size for these two hands (length and hole diameter) it'd be greatly appreciated. Or where I can obtain replacement hands?

Best Regards,
Nate

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE