The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Gifted Vintage Heuer Carrera
In Response To: Gifted Vintage Heuer Carrera ()

Congratulations on your find. I can't add anything on the value. However, I suggest you don't send to TAG. Find a trusted watch person and get a regular service. Prices and quality can vary. I wouldn't recommend walking into a retail shop as the chances are they will just send on to someone else. I would guess you should pay $300-600?? I paid £300 for my last service on a watch but it had a missing part. The good people can sometimes have a significant waiting list. I'm sure someone nearer to your location can recommend someone.
Good luck.

Messages In This Thread

Gifted Vintage Heuer Carrera
Re: Gifted Vintage Heuer Carrera
Heuer Carrera / Reference 7853 S
More likely to be a 73453 Jeff
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE