The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Scammed on eBay Selling my Heuer Diver 981.006

Hi,

I'm looking for advise on what I can do

I have sold a Heuer Diver 981.006 watch on eBay to johns1959-1 (65) he the buyer later claims he didn't buy the watch etc... and my money is being Held with PayPal while they review the case. I have posted/shipped the watch and have a tracking number. The watch was listed as an auction with a buy it now option, the buyer choose buy it now.

The buyer johns1959-1 (65) sent me a message a few days later after I sent the watch "you have made a mistake with this watch I have not bought a watch from you you have made a mistake and took the money off the wrong person my name is john130969 and I stay in Renfrew I would appreciate a full refund thanks"

Using eBay username search it shows that john130969 is the same user as johns1959-1

PayPal sent me this after posting the watch.

You have received a payment that we believe may not have been authorized by the PayPal account holder. Here are the details of the transaction we are investigating: with the transaction details

-----------------------------------------------------
My listing
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Vintage-Heuer-Diver-981-006-Olive-Green-PVD/323014237852

New Listing (Not listed by me)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/rare-vintage-heuer-diver-981-006/232649819469

I don't know how the the seller dsadad728 ( 6 ) got the watch and if he is part of the whole scam.

I am 100% sure its my watch I know from the missing lume on the hands, from the serial number, the case condition and from the nato strap.

I have reported to eBay but it seems to be a one way street, I can't explain my case in details.
I have provided the documents to PayPal as per there request but they haven't contacted me yet also.

Is there anything else I can do, advise, recommendations, tips all will be appreciated

It would be nice if I can talk to someone from eBay or PayPal by phone or at least by email

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE