The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: how to ship a watch from UK to USA

: hi guys
: need some info and help how to ship a watch from the UK to USA in
: California
: dont want it to get lost and dont want customs to dig in it either
: any experience and help from your personal doing is much
: appreciated
: thanx in advance
: Tomas

I go via ipostparcels.com which is the non-business reseller for DHL here in the UK. You can insure up to £1500 I think but to be fair I don't bother because a high declared value of the box potentially invites trouble. It would appear that American seldom or never pay any import duty anyway on a vintage watch. I suppose there is always a risk with it uninsured but Ive sent loads and never had a problem. Normally get delivery to California in 3 days.

Messages In This Thread

how to ship a watch from UK to USA
Re: how to ship a watch from UK to USA
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE