The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Non “T” Swiss dial on a Carrera 3647s

New to Vintage Heuer so ploughing through as much info on the Carrera 3647s (one of which I seria to secure recently from a dealer)
I have the silver dial version, it’s stunning and according to the dealer all original from the original owner. I noticed that the dial was missing the “T” above the Swiss and as all the other examples I managed to track down either sold or for sale had the “T” I’m wondering whether mine is a rarity and an early example. I have read that the initial releases and as shown in the Heuer catalogue did not have the “T” however as the serial number starts with 65 I’m confused as I am aware of an earlier serial (61,***) with the “T”
I contacted the dealer who informed me “Re the Swiss T etc , I have found anomalies before, it all revolves around legislation declaring the use of tritium and some dials did have it and some didn’t . It is not something that concerns me or makes a difference if I am buying a watch. Even Tag Heuer told us that the serial number runs were not consistent and books which are written are often wrong !”
The no “T” dial does appear to be rarer in silver from what little I’ve seen but I’d love to hear people’s thoughts
Many Thanks

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE