The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Non “T” Swiss dial on a Carrera 3647s

: I contacted the dealer who informed me “Re the Swiss T etc , I
: have found anomalies before, it all revolves around legislation
: declaring the use of tritium and some dials did have it and some
: didn’t .

He's right. The rule regarding displaying a T to indicate a watch uses tritium was picked up at different times by different legislations. It began to be used a little while after the launch of the Carrera (I think the earliest countries adopting the marking began in '64 from when I looked at this before), so the watches at the start of the run shouldn't have it, then you get a mix depending on the intended market and eventually it was easier to just mark all the dials.

Feel free to link pics for comment if you have other concerns :)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE