The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My 2nd Monaco, who ever knew...

Minutes felt like hours after my offer went off, while others were waiting to get their questions answered, mine was can I pay you today locally, and in a sense you have a better feeling about those. It happened ;)

My first one (163xxx) is my safe queen, I bought that one in Canes, a gent from UK waited few months & came down as I had promised him I'll pick it up face to face. Honestly, this one I hope to pass down.

The new purchase: At a glance there were details that weren't 100% and honestly that was fine, it's what I was looking for, I wanted something to wear.
-Sure the case was polished and in my head I'm thinking there are guys in Europe who do that factory like finish so, I'll send it out after wearing it a little.
-Hands don't match lume on dial, No Corfam/Sun.. or a NSA would be nice right? Let the hunt begin. Same goes for that hand mounted on the 9:00 hour register, (please sell me a correct one if you have a spare)

But then when I got them together I noticed, dial was flawless, was a lighter purpler shade of blue, and even bigger difference was the glossy enamel recessed eggshell white registers vs my flat matte sky white registers on the other one. Who ever knew you could've had two types of the 1133B. As I was preparing to peek under the hood, i noticed the serials are (158xxx) seems early between transitions

Help me figure out, should I consider a strong offer? Do I turn this, and look for something I could beat up more or do I just consider it a lucky find and park my money on my wrist. I don't plan on putting it on till I get that small hand corrected, so now's the time.

Lastly appreciate everything thats discussed here & Happy Anniversary to OTD & CT, I was just looking at my transactions I did with members in my emails.. still got every piece, 20 HEUERS STRONG !

Cheers,
Mike

Messages In This Thread

My 2nd Monaco, who ever knew...
Another look at the register
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE