The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Mareographe Crystal

Hi everyone

Am I right in thinking that the crystal and tension ring needed for a Mareographe in the 2446 compressor case would be identical to that needed for the Autavia in the same case?

Apologies if this seems like a daft question but having sourced a NOS replacement, I've just discovered that it doesn't fit.

Although it seem as if the crystal would fit the case, the inner diameter of the tension is too large and the dial fits through it.

I attach a picture of the replacement crystal in case anyone is able to categorically say that it is not the correct crystal.

Many thanks for your help

Andrew

Messages In This Thread

Mareographe Crystal
Re: Mareographe Crystal
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE