The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Buyers Not Showing Up for These Sales

I believe buyers are staying away from these sales for a number of reasons:

• the idea that nothing goes under the radar . . . no bargains at these sales
  • too many common watches that we see every day on eBay, Instagram, or sales forums
  • cumbersome to register and bid . . . application and scans of passport . . . how many passwords can we endure?
  • lousy photos that usually don't reveal the condition of the watch
  • meager information . . . useless descriptions and clumsy communications with the auction house
  • pain in the ass to pick up / arrange for shipping . . . more paperwork
  • fatigue . . . from all the above.
So guess what? Every once in a while we do see a bargain on a nice watch . . . like the Reference 2444 Pulsations, that seems to have sold at a bargain price (shown as last bid of 3,200 GBP; whatever that may mean).

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Jeff,

: It certainly looks like 2446 Compressor cased Autavias are not
: measuring up.

: I know I am stating the obvious here but our watches are only worth
: what we get when we sell them. They are never worth what someone
: else's watches bring.

: JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE