The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Some advice with a 2000 series Tag Heuer...

Folks,

My father has asked me to help him sell his Tag Heuer as I'm more into watches than he.

However my own expertise is more Omega, Breitling and Rolex. I'm not very up on Tag Heuer so I wanted to ask someone a little more in the know for some advice.

He has a Tag Heuer 2000 series Professional circa 1988-89. There is what I suspect to be a model number just above the Tag Heuer logo on the case back which reads '962 213'. It has a stainless steel case with a stainless steel bezel and a grey dial. It has a stainless steel bracelet with a diver's exension in the clasp. IT operates a quartz movement that recently had a battery change by a reputable local watchmaker. For a watch that's pushing 20 years old and been worn every day it's in good condition and has the scratches and dings that you would expect a watch of this age to have. It has it's outer box and inner box but no papers, bought from Harrods.

What I need help with is it's value. From what I know of Tag Heuer my best guess would be that it is worth around the £200-300 mark (which I think is about $500-$600). New ones go for £700 ($1300-$1400) so it's less than half the new price, which certainly seems appropriate for the circumstances.

If anyone could offer some avice with regard to a good selling price I would be much obliged.

All the best,

Pete J

Messages In This Thread

Some advice with a 2000 series Tag Heuer...
Re: Some advice with a 2000 series Tag Heuer...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE