The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
One For The US based Guys

I have been approached by a gentleman that shall remain un-named, to try and advise him about a problem he has. I thought that you guys may have some advice on this............ he's bought a McQueen Monaco off of ebay from a guy that advertises amoungst other things that he made sunglasses for Elvis,Steve Mcqueen who is based in California. The watch was delivered as promised and everything is spot on........apart from the serial number,which has been ground off of the case back and the warranty card,that is blank.
The sellers assures the buyer that its a genuine item,and although i'm not in you guys league,it all looks good to me. The seller has not offered a reason why the serial number is missing but keeps insisting that the warranty is valid with Tag. So,today i rang Tag Uk and they confirmed that no serial number = no warranty. Now......here's the thing......does our man send back the watch,as the seller say's he will supply a replacement.......or does he insist that the seller send another,before he returns the original?.
UK v'S US price difference's make buying from the US via the internet almost 50% cheaper than here in the UK.......Although as this proves,its not always worth the risk.
Do anyone have any pearls of knowledge about why this watch should have the serial number removed if it anything other than stolen ?.

Regards
Bryan

Messages In This Thread

One For The US based Guys
sounds like a grey market watch.....
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE