The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: thank you, fantastically useful

thank you, fantastically useful Posted By: shaun Date: 5/4/05 23:24 GMT

In Response To: Why not skip Safari's Archive and create a .pdf? (Chicagoland Chuck Maddox)

thank you, that is really useful I never noticed that feature.

One of the many hidden benefits of Mac OS X... Programs and utilities that are optional multi-hundred dollar/quid extras on other platform are completely integrated into the Operating System and only a menu or button away. Of course Shaun, your welcome!

I think I still prefer saving just one picture as it is easier to browse a folder using graphic converter and find the watch I wanted, but pdf feature is great.

With the latest version of Mac OS X, the Spotlight feature indexes your entire hard drive including within your email's and .pdf's... So you can do a search on 376.0822 or 1163 and it will provide a listing of all occurances and you have much more detailed information: what the sale price was, when, who was the seller, the bidder's, etc. But to each their own.

I'll try post some ebay heuer data later maybe to make up for this off topic subject. But also I guess there may be one or two other anoraks out there saving auction results so your tip should be useful to a few guys...

Don't sweat it. I started this Off Tropic thread, and I'm sure most readers learned something of value. So as long as it was helpful to this hobby of ours it's a win-win situation for all.

thanks again chuck, I really appreciate it. Hey, can you advise me how easy it is to run osx server on an old mac I want to use as a file server...only joking, now that really is for another forum.

I'd be happy to tell you if I had ever done it myself. But I haven't so you'll have to ask at one of those other forums.

Good Hunting! (and archiving too!)

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE