The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
TAG Heuer -- Can We Please Have This GMT Autavia?

Calibre11.com posted this (Photoshopped) Autavia GMT chronograph a few days ago -- https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgwuvj0Acu_/

Perhaps we strike a deal with TAG Heuer -- They can do whatever they want with the three or four hand Autavias, if they will give us this seven-hand Autavia.

Now that TAG Heuer has the Heuer 02 GMT movement (in a Carrera case), how hard can it be to drop it into an Autavia case? Well -- the new GMT Carrera (Heuer 02) is larger than the standard Carrera (Heuer 02), so dropping it into an Autavia case may not be so simple. But we can hope!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: This picture was on Instagram.

: I must say that I hope it is a prototype and that it will never
: make it to the market.

: TAG Heuer uses the heritage actively in marketing - and that is
: just fine and results in some nice watches.

: But TAG Heuer also has obligations to the heritage and in my eyes
: this watch is misusing a name that is so closely related to
: motorsport (and aviation).

: Since the first Autavia in 1962 all Autavia’s have been
: chronographs and I hope it will stay that way.

: Peter “Autavia” Moller. Denmark

:

: second image (below) added by moderator; from Instagram --
: @eriksonurhandel

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE