The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Shield / TAG Heuer Shield
In Response To: hiding in plain sight... ()

Previously, I would have agreed with your drawing this line, between the use of the Heuer shield and the TAG Heuer shield.

Somehow, I have gotten through this issue, and I'm happy to see the Heuer shield on these Autavia watches. To me, it looks more natural / cleaner on a vintage-inspired watch, and it would look weird to see the TAG Heuer shield.

Let's just hope that they make good looking watches, with some connection to the original vintage models. The choice of the Heuer / TAG Heuer shield is a relatively small point, to my way of thinking.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Jeff. Respecting your counterpoint, to my knowledge the Carrera and
: Monaco three hand models did not use the heritage Heuer shield.
: I would be less offended if these lesser cal5 offerings were TH
: branded. Porsche may make SUVs now but they don't call them 911

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE