The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Proposal -- Separate TAG and Heuer

Hi Ara,
This may sound like a good idea but it will not change a lot I am afraid.
There is just a lack of good taste and vision. It's all about money and so every watch needs to be a consensus watch.
I personally don't expect Tag Heuer to release nice modern watches.
In fact I never did. The Heuer brand has given us so many incredibly nice an well made watches. For me that's enough.
I still can get excited when I find a nice untouched vintage Autavia or when I start a new overhaul project on an Heuer watch that has had a rough life.
So maybe best is we keep on enjoying our vintage Heuer watches and let Tag Heuer and JC Biver do what they think is best.
I just hope Jack Heuer isn't losing his sleep over all these dramatic decisions at Tag.
Heuer will never be Heuer again and I am afraid we'll have to accept that.
Just my honest opinion. For what it's worth.
Best,
Bernard

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE