The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Jack Heuer and George Lucas

I think this forum probably needs a review of Star Wars Episode III.....well, it probably doesn't but anyway, but I wanted to be first.

Chuck had said in an earlier post he had "a bad feeling about this". Well I just saw episode III and it wasn't too bad.
As I want to stay on topic (sort of) I would have to ask, if each episode of Star Wars was a Heuer watch, which one would it be?

So for me...

Star Wars (Epsd IV) = Mcqueen 1133 Monaco, obvious, as it is THE classic

Empire Strikes Back (Epsd V) = PVD Black Monaco, a bit dark, some prefer it to the original

Return of the Jedi (Epsd VI) = Silver dial Cal 15 Monaco - a lot of fun, maybe a bit flashy, but still a classic

and then...

Phantom Menace (Epsd I) = Tag Heuer Kirium Microtimer. Yeah it's rectangular and it has the name Heuer somewhere, but it's nothing to do with the original 1133 Monaco

Attack of the Clones (Epsd II) = Tag Heuer Monza. It sort of made an effort to look like the original but it wasn't authentic. Sort of exciting but much too flashy

Reveng of the Sith (Epsd III) = Tag Heuer Monaco reissue - it's pretty much like the original, and I can admit it's a better finished, but still it just doesnt quite have the magic. Pretty good effort though.

So all in all, Chuck, I'd say it wasnt too bad, except for a few very annoying little things, but this is a Heuer forum, so I'll leave it at that.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE