The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Off Topic: American Beauty

Most of you know that I started my life in watch collecting with a focus on American pocket watches. Even though my focus has shifted a bit to wrist chronographs I still get excited about the incredible and, in my humble opinion, the un-exceeded beauty of American watch movements. Here is one I got out of the bank box to photograph. The mirror like polish on the screw heads and other parts is very difficult to capture. It took about an hour to light the movement and then about 1/2 hour in PhotoShop to make it look even approximately right. This is way more time than I would give a normal watch photo but...This one is sexy, and I thought you might like to see it too. The dial ain't bad either.

JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE