The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Suggestions for Submitting Photographs
In Response To: Sending Pics to On The Dash ()

Robert:

Thanks for the message and the prospect of submitting some photos.

The basic are relatively simple:

• in terms of file size -- the bigger, the better (within reason); we usually post in 750 pixel width, but if you send larger ones, it is easy to reduce the size (of course, it does not work to go the other way, and we cannot enlarge smaller files); somtimes, for a particularly interesting chronograph or photograph, we post at larger than the 750 pixel width
  • try to leave some border / blank space around the head of the chronograph; don't crop it too tight, as that reduces our flexibility
  • it is often useful to send a straight-on "head-shot"; these are useful for the menu pages
  • for file names, it is best to begin with the model name (for example, Carrera, Monaco, etc.), but this is really not that important as I can easily rename, renumber, etc.
  • you can submit photos to onthedash@bellsouth.net

Many thanks . . . we look forward to receiving some photographs.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: When I get around to it, I would like to submit
: some pictures to "On The Dash" of
: some of my watches. I have several models
: and different versions that are not found on
: the "Guide to Chronos" page.

: Can anyone suggest how I should go about doing
: this (image size, file names, etc.)? I don't
: want to flood them with pics to find out
: that they'd like a different size or
: something.

Messages In This Thread

Sending Pics to On The Dash
Suggestions for Submitting Photographs
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE