The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Carrera 1158 CHN -- Bonhams Seems Consistent with Phillips

I seem to recall that the 1158 CHN (first execution) sold for around $35,000 at the Heuer Parade.

This seems generally consistent with the Bonhams 1158 CHN (also first execution), fetching $57,500, on the bracelet. These bracelets are super rare; have a lots of gold; involve a lot of craftsmanship . . . on a head-to-head basis, I'm not sure that the Bonhams result was significantly different than what we saw in the Heuer Parade.

Of course, on these watches, an inspection in-the-metal is essential, to properly value the watches, as the slightest difference in the finish or other details can result in significant discount or premium.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Iā€™m sure you are right Jeff, although I was in the room... the SN
: dato looked poor result and anything with a bracelet including
: the Siffert and Angolan were weak. From the look of it and
: comparing to the Phillips Heuer Parade you are better off
: selling a PVD Monaco or a 1158CHN Carrera at Bonhams then! Or
: maybe the conclusion is just rare stuff is doing great in
: general but the average stuff or lesser known grails are
: unwanted by uber collectors?

: Who knows, all over the place in reality if you try and draw
: definitive conclusions.

: Guy

: b]I'm not sure that I see the hand of TAG Heuer behind this one.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE