The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
pvds, collections.. *PIC*
In Response To: SHOW YOUR PVD's *PIC* ()

Alex, I wanted to answer two of your requests at once.

So here is one of my favourite PVDs, photographed against one of the items from my only really world class collection .... I have a few hundred books and magazines, each on the subject of the F-4 Phantom.

Anyway, a lot cheaper than the Heuer collecting. The book in the photo is a very rare Japanese publication, equivalent in relative desirability to a val72 Carrera (maybe not contrasting dials) and would probably only go for $25, less if the other anoraks were not watching. And also I would think there is zero to nothing investment potential...

Other collections? I have a couple of thousand LPs and CDs but I think that is just software, it has to be over 5-10 thousand before it ranks as even a small collection for the serious music collector.

I would guess the 200+ frisbee and other flying discs is a collection, but again, poor compared to world class in these things.

PS: The PVD Monaco is still my #1 on the wishlist. Anyone out there want to trade I can probably offer something more than frisbees.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE