The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
watch bands?

I have two Tag Heuer watches. One was given to me by a girlfriend that bought it at Macys in the late 1990s. The other we purchased for my dad, i think from Costco, in the late 1990s. They look pretty similar. One the back of the watches are what look like model numbers: my watch from Macys has WA1211 stamped on it, and my dad's from Costco has WA1214.

The watch band on my WA1211 was originally rubber and had a sporty look to it. That band broke and I haven't found a good looking replacement, so I used a leather replacement for awhile, but I reallly don't like that look. I haven't worn either of these watches in a few years, but now have decided to start wearing them again. Both watches have been work as daily watches for years, so have obvious wear and scratches on them. I'm not looking to keep these as pristine watches, but instead as daily wear watches. I'm hoping to put on an aftermarket rubber band for a sporty look on the costco WA1214 watch as well as the WA1211.

I've found what looks like decent aftermarket replacement bands on Amazon for about $25.00.

https://www.amazon.com/Rubber-Formula-BT0717-WAH1111-Watches/dp/B07952VL9Z/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1531170617&sr=8-4-fkmr3&keywords=tag+heuer+watch+band+wa1211#customerReviews

This one is 22mm. How do I tell if my watch is 22mm or a different size? Any other suggestions on aftermarket watch bands for these watches?

Thanks for any advice!

Messages In This Thread

watch bands?
18mm
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE