The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Beware of Monaco imposters!

Hi Heuer fans,

This message is meant as a warning against a person, or group of people, trying to cheat Ebayers that have unsuccesfully bid on vintage Monacos.
It happened to me 1,5 week ago and I lost 1700 USD.
I will try to explain what happened. After I ended second offering for a 1970 Monaco I was contacted by a person under the name Amanda Krugger from Brussels, Belgium. She wrote that she had the same Monaco that she wanted to sell me for USD 1700,-. The referred to the fact that she had excellent Ebay credentials under the E-bay name Jason675. I checked this and was satisfied with what I saw.
To do the transaction safely she suggested Escrow-Agent.net. I logged into this website ( extremely professional looking) and registered as a customer.Little later I got an e-mail from Escrow-agent.net saying that A. Krugger had opened a transaction with me. I was asked to pay Escrow-agent through Western-Union refering to the transaction number that I had received.I did this to the agent indicated ( a Mr. Fontana Baldese in Rome, Italy).

After some days I got suspicious. Krugger did not answer my e-mails anymore, the Escrow-agent.net website was on and off the web.I started investigating and found out through Escrow.com that Escrow-agent.net was considered a fraudulous company.
I also found out that the seller used a "stolen E-bay identity". I contacted the owner of Jason675 who wrote me that his E-bay identity had been abused several times now. In some way they had been able to change the "location" of Jason675 to Belgium ( the real Jason675 is from Michigan).

Anyhow, I am absolutely pissed off by this. I have lost my hopes to retrieve my money, but will not let these people get away with it. I pressed charges against this Mr Baldese ( have his address)and informed Escrow.com.

So please be aware if you get e-mails from people offering a 1970's Monaco ( Blue-white) with original papers and box.
Important names to remember: Amanda Krugger- Fontana Baldese- Jasson675@aol.com (website Krugger), Escrow-Agent.net

Question: I would like to add one of the photographs that I received from the seller ( maybe somebody recognizes the photo) but do not know how to add this in as an URL file. Can anybody give me the tip?

Regards
Ron Henselmans
The Netherlands

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE