The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Omega Forum +2
In Response To: Omega Forum ()

I agree, the Omega Forums are the best example of how to do a forum right. There is nothing to not like about the forum. The image hosting is exceptional allowing high res images to be hosted directly inside the forum...this obviously has huge advantages as a resource as the images are never deleted or mysteriously disappear. As a long time resource to collectors this is invaluable. Furthermore searching the forum is simple and its very easy to research a specific model or issue. Google search results are also exceptional. There is a reason I spend the vast majority of my time on this forum...its nearly perfect in every way.

Furthermore the sales forum is policed by its members in addition to moderators...its rare that a scammer gets thru and even more rare that sellers break the forum posting rules. I have bought (and sold and traded) many many watches thru this forum due to its ease of displaying images and its mostly secure and safe sales forum.

It is absolutely the best example out there without question imo.

: I have never been active in them, but the Omega Forums have a
: good look to them --

:
: https://omegaforums.net/forums/vintage-omega-watches-help-discussion-and-advice.23/

: Based on the occasional visit, the interface and functions seem
: good.

: Is this the Rolex Forum that you are referring to? Or maybe another
: Rolex forum?

: https://omegaforums.net/forums/rolex-watches-forum/

: Do others have impressions of these forums?

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE