The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Non heuer related but watch passion related...

Thanks Abel! Some details:

3 color variations, "Onyx Black", "Marine Blue" and "Graphite Grey"
The black dial is glossy (referring to gilt dials) and has got a patina like lume (fauxtina).
Blue and grey are both sunburst dials with regular C3 superluminova.

The case diameter is 39mm with a hight of 1.5mm.
Domed sapphire bezel referring to the bakelite bezels (lumed) and a slightly domed crystal with AR coating on the inside.

The case itself is 316L steel, brushed and polished finishings (crown, lugs, upper bezel parts) for contrast.
Drilled lugholes and shoulderless springbars.

They come standard on a leather strap. I sourced the leather from tannery Haas (owned by Hermès) and tannery Weinheimer (supplier of Hermès). They are being stitched in a small leather "atelier", machine stitching and hand finishing.
I'm now finalizing the rubber strap and nato strap which will be additional to the package.

The movement comes from the STP factory, I ask them to modify it to a no-date movement and especially to remove the "dead" date position. So now it only has a winding and time setting position. It's an STP1-11 movement. Basically a "clone" ETA2824 that has been perfected (they added an extra jewel, so longer power reserve, finishing of the parts is slightly better as well)

Launch will be through Kickstarter, on October the 17th.
From then on it's fingers crossed and hoping that it will work out!

More info on the website or instagram!

www.meraud-watches.com
@meraudwatches

: Hello Stijn!

: Wow...very nice project you have there. And I like the watch a lot
: too!

: Looking forward to more details for sure...keep it coming.

: Best,
: abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE